Has anyone used the "Pulp Master" apple mashing bucket?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gingerbiscuit

Reaction score
It's a cheap entry level pulping device.

A white bucket with a blade inside powered by your own household electric drill.

At around £20 it seems like a bargain, so wondering if anyone's had experience with it's effectiveness. Or an alternative?

Yesterday we broke two buckets smashing apples....
Thanks again!

I am looking this item as well for my cider adventures. Any advice would be great, though I cant see an alternative for the money?

one alternative is a piece of 2X2 and a washing up bowl. I ordered the pulpmaster, still waiting for the bucket itself to turn up after a month, looks awful, the 'blade' is not a blade, just a piece of unsharpened metal. I wonder how much a paint stirrer costs?

The only problem I have is that I have 100kg of apples, with another 200kg if I want to pick them. I could do with something that is a bit less labour intensive than wood.

OK, I've just bought a paint mixer from Screwfix for £4 which I might modify slightly...

I'll see how I get on with that ;)

Thanks guys.

The pulpmaster is a brilliant bit of kit which I used for years to pulp sufficient apples to press over 100 galls/p.a

But make sure the spindle is absolutely square in the drill so it doesn't wobble and hit the side of the bucket (especially if the knurled end that fits in the drill is worn), be prepared for the occasional replacement when weld joining the cutting blade to the spindle goes, and get another couple of 'Lucy Hardwares' 10" buckets from a hardware shop for about £2.50 each with lids @ approx £1.25 each so you can move from bucket to bucket. Keep a towel to hand so your hands aren't runmning with juice when you handle the electric drill.

I've got a Vigo crusher http://www.vigopresses.co.uk/store/product_info.php?cPath=63_77&products_id=366, which will do 200lbs/hour, but find the pulp rather coarse so spend a couple of minutes finishing it off using a Pulpmaster to get a finer pulp and much more juice (approx 67% extraction), plus it's then in just the right size bucket to upend into my 20 litre crossbeam press.

I am now in a position to comment on the effectiveness of the pulpmaster having just tried it this morning. It doesn't cut the apples, but it did destroy my cider press, shattering the bucket I used and tipping apples all over the ground. If this incident was any closer I would now be sending my severed fingers to the manufacturer. no steps forward and a ******* mile back as I will today be shopping for replacement parts to rebuild my press instead of pressing all the apples for my cider.

If you have a lot to pulp i saw river cottage and the guys on there were using an electric wood chipper it smashed em to bits maybe a little expensive but it was effective

How about one of these

Yours for £750 . . . but its all of the steel stainless :D

I have seen a website where they have built a waste disposal unit into a table especially for this purpose-again it's the expense that puts me off. I managed with a piece of wood and a washing up bowl.

a waste disposal unit... what a great idea! ive got one and im a plumber so will have a look at dismantling it and pouring apples into it.

Latest posts

Back