HAMBLETONBARD Better Brew Export Lager - WOW!!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
isolation123 said:
Any news on how this kit is going? :thumb:

See my post further up for initial reaction i123 ;)

Now in storage in my garden shed until summer :cool: but it'll be interesting to hear from anyone else who may (or may not )be as impressed as I was with this brew, there were a few on here gona give it a go... how goes it Robo1984 ? :party:
My eldest boy has persuaded me to put the Czech Pilsner on next so I'm off to our LHBS tomorrow to get some :thumb:

:cheers:

My pils has been bottled has cleared in the warm and was moved to cold storage at the weekend.

I'll maybe open one this weekend and see what it's like...

Watch this space!

Bl**dy Hell!!!! Stout's right. These are very very good.

Pils is dry dry dry tasty fizzy and very refreshing for a nice lunchtime pint on a day like today!

Off to the shop for more methinks...

Heheheheh, nice one Calum :thumb:

Just had a sneaky taste of my Woodfordes Wherry from my kingkeg :drink:

No wonder peeps on here bang on about it :cool: :clap: :clap:

SLURRRRRPACIOUS..... and very young at the mo :party: :party: :party:

I love homebrew me :mrgreen:

Tell you what, oldstout, our brewing is freakily similar... I just got a Wherry on the go this afternoon!!

Anyway, just to bang on a little more about the Better Brew Czech Pilsner, I am actually shocked at how good it is. OK you get over 2kg of hopped extract to get started with, but a normal one can kit is only half a kilo or so less.

So the claims about better quality ingredients might just have some basis in truth?

I did go heavy on priming the bottles (1 tsp) as I wanted a nice fizzy lager. After only a couple of weeks in the bottle I wasn't expecting the big foamy mousse of head and proper fizz on the tongue. I wasn't expecting the massive dry hoppy flavour bomb.

Seriously, this stuff is, as they say where I come from, the berries! I've got the IPA in the brew box and I'm going to pop down to The Malt Miller and pick up some extra hops for it but I am, for sure, heading back to the shop for more lagers and pilsners!!!

artyb said:
heres a link to the kits..
gotta be the future rather than tins... :hmm:

http://www.hambletonbard.com/products/b ... aking.html

Agree :thumb: they are certainly not only trendsetting with the packaging, but also with the yeast and ingredients. Total fluke that I was the first customer in our LHBS to buy one of these as it was being put up on the shelf, but a great find and a great product :party: :party:

Me and Calum are converts :drunk: :drunk: :drunk:

:lol: :lol:

oldstout said:
Me and Calum are converts :drunk: :drunk: :drunk:

:lol: :lol:

Hell yeah! Once I've got a free FV the Better Brew IPA is going in with a kilo and a half of LME and a big old handful of dry hoppage... :cheers:

At the moment guys, my shop stocks Better Brew Export Lager, Midland Mild and Irish Stout! in the packets and theres a lot of interest in them! :drink:

pegasus4787 said:
At the moment guys, my shop stocks Better Brew Export Lager, Midland Mild and Irish Stout! in the packets and theres a lot of interest in them! :drink:

I'll send you my address for my....ahem.........commission on future sales......

:lol: :lol: :lol:

better Brew Czech Pilsner had it fermenting for nearly a week now, it hasnt cleared much....... any suggestions?

My Better Brew Pilsner has been fermenting for almost 3 weeks. It got a bit stuck at 1.014 so had to bump the temperature up a bit but i have been fermenting it at about 18 degrees. Planning on bottling this weekend.

If it has finished fermenting try and drop the temperature to help it to clear.

My pils was a bit of a bugger to clear.

It's better now after a month in the bottles but it was nowhere near bright when I bottled and I was getting chill haze.

Like I say, much better now, really crisp clean clear beer.

But a week long fermentation isn't much, give it another week, mine still wasn't clear by then but I had some other pils to keep me going while this cleared in the bottle. :)

pegasus4787 said:
cheers Alanywiseman, Oldstout and Calum patience is hard..... :roll:

....but well worth waiting for pegasus :thumb:

UPDATE

Cracked a few of these this weekend and they are FANTASTIC :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

VERY lively :lol: incredible tight head, clings to the glass all the way down, beautiful colour, crisp refreshing taste, strong enough for me too :party: :party:

I bottled 40 pints of BB Czech Pils last week - summer is looking good :lol:

Next up will be their Stout ;)

Latest posts

Back