Guinness Nitro Surge

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LeeH

Insert Witty Comment Here
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you like a pint of the black stuff, this little gimmick is actually very good.

Better that a lot of pints I’ve had. Gives a really nice creamy mouthfeel.

Currently on offer at Tesco for club card holders. I didn’t have one do now!

5EDA531D-6E28-4B21-8BB5-67C8D89AE017.jpeg

Not for me at those prices. Is it any better than thr Guinness cans with those little nitro ball things?

Tesco are selling the device for £22 after discount and cans are £7 for 4 after discount

I like the idea but £22 for a device that if I’m honest will sit in a drawer for the next five years before being tossed during a clear out and probably be used four or five times at most is not for me. I would also be a tad concerned that an awful lot of people would think the same and this device will be pulled or at the very least the cans for it would become increasingly hard to get/more expensive, happy to be wrong on that one though as from the sounds of it if you regularly drink Guinness it does produce a decent pint.

I do like the fact that it looks like the cans are imperial pints but I will probably keep to the occasional pub pint of Guinness when I want that particular fix.

Some job, as close as you get to a pint in the bar. Actually better than some pints of Guinness the local bar's knock out.

If you don’t drink it often then yes it’s a waste but it’s my go to when the home brew is exhausted.

I’m very happy with it.

My Tesco had a display of them as you walked in.

Guinness say the device only works with their surger cans but has anyone tried it with a normal can of stout? I guess it won't be quite as effective, but would it give any improvement? Keen to see i could pour my home brewed imperial stout through it.

Someone left a few of these behind over Christmas and I never got around to trying them. Very close to a bar poured pint indeed.
Wouldn’t have bought the gadget though but it’s decent.
A01933A0-DCC1-44D4-84D5-3E111661FC1B.jpeg
image.jpg

Guinness say the device only works with their surger cans but has anyone tried it with a normal can of stout? I guess it won't be quite as effective, but would it give any improvement? Keen to see i could pour my home brewed imperial stout through it.
I don’t think it would work as it agitates the nitrogen bubbles on the way out of the can so if no nitro in the beer there is nothing to agitate.

I've seen a video where you make a pin prick in a regular can to release some of the gas, then use the nitrosurger. Will give it a try but have 8 cans of the nitrosurge to keep me going.

Yes, there's a lot of ultra sonic gadgets sold as beer frothers, but i suppose the crucial difference is they're agitating the co2 rather than the nitrogen that Guinness is adding into the surger cans.

This looks like a similar concept to the Guinness gadget but just working with the co2 in ordinary canned beer. No idea why anyone would want to use it with a can of lager though. It just looks like a way a recreating a badly poured pint!

https://trabyhand.com/products/draf...2m3ChT0JfctgocCk81a2g1pPPb6glwJhoCKxcQAvD_BwE

Yes, there's a lot of ultra sonic gadgets sold as beer frothers, but i suppose the crucial difference is they're agitating the co2 rather than the nitrogen that Guinness is adding into the surger cans.

This looks like a similar concept to the Guinness gadget but just working with the co2 in ordinary canned beer. No idea why anyone would want to use it with a can of lager though. It just looks like a way a recreating a badly poured pint!

https://trabyhand.com/products/draf...2m3ChT0JfctgocCk81a2g1pPPb6glwJhoCKxcQAvD_BwE
Ha ha ha the reviews don’t even seem to be for the product they are advertising lol.
Some of them seem to be for a bong.
Why would you want a pint of 1/3 beer 2/3 foam ?? Nutts.

Ha ha ha the reviews don’t even seem to be for the product they are advertising lol.
Some of them seem to be for a bong.
Why would you want a pint of 1/3 beer 2/3 foam ?? Nutts.
😂 I didn't read the reviews!
Should be more careful what i link. No recommendation or endorsement intended!

Back