Guinness Kit?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobWalker

Reaction score
Ignoring the fact that they use nitrogen to serve, what's a decent Guinness style stout kit? My friend is just getting into brewing, and he'd like to make a Guinness after his first batch, but I'm not into stouts so have no idea what kits are good :)

Not really a Guinness per say but Coopers Stout kits with 1 KG med or dark spraymalt are really good.

You can get nitrogen gas quite easily. I was offered it at my LHBS for stouts etc. The small cartridges/bulbs that you insert into the holders.

Archtronics said:
Not really a Guinness per say but Coopers Stout kits with 1 KG med or dark spraymalt are really good.
This

Stout wise I've only done Muntons Imperial Stout. Whilst clearly not an Imperial stout it was lovely, and I was most upset when i ran out of it.

Archtronics said:

+1

I recently made a Coopers Stout with 1kg of Extra Dark Spraymalt in and it's fantastic. It's been conditioning for 2 months now and has also been given the thumbs up by the visiting Irish Mother-in-Law :drink:

SE10PAT said:
Archtronics said:

+1

I recently made a Coopers Stout with 1kg of Extra Dark Spraymalt in and it's fantastic. It's been conditioning for 2 months now and has also been given the thumbs up by the visiting Irish Mother-in-Law :drink:

I have also had a bottle of the above said Stout and it was spot on!

I've got some Coopers stout conditioning at the moment. I was recommended to use 600g brewing sugar, and 400g dark spray malt. I hope that it turns out as good as yours all did.

Latest posts

Back