Gretton Brewery Build

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cragdale

Reaction score
Here are some of the pics

Image083.jpg

The Mash Tun (today I will be insulating it, with what? I don't know yet, but we shall see what happens.

Image084.jpg

The internals (will also be sourcing some s/s mesh today for the false bottom.

Image085.jpg

External of elements and some plumbing. The tap at the base is the outlet, the tap at the front is a change of mind with the sight glass. I had it comming from as near the bottom in the side wall as possible but wasn't happy so I have now taken the bottom connection to the outlet pipe underneath, see next pic.

Image087.jpg

Another overveiw of the beast, It's actually nice to get back to making things again after cooking and serving beer all day.

Image086.jpg

Yesterday was rounded of with a peacfull evening with a few regulars and a good swill of Champflower Bitter from the Cottage Brewing Company of Somerset (see they don't only make cider there!!) 4.2% a very nice bitter....

Still not decided on a first brew. Thats gotta happen this week as next week is very busy and want to get it started...

Ah well off to work... (says the boss)

Cheers All :cheers:

Hi All

Thanks for the comments.

Have made no progress today, can't find anyone local with flexible insulation that I was looking for so may end up with a hot water cylender jacket and something nice looking wrapped around that to keep the boss happy.
Brewing will almost certainly be in Corby as there is not a suitable place at the pub, EHO might take exception to me using the plate warmer for brewing :lol:
Still not found a suitable recipe but internet down in Gretton today so that stopped progress there.

Right time for bed,

Cheers All :cheers:

Nice meeting you yersterday Alan, your brewery is looking good. it wont be long now till its up and running. Oh yes thanks for the glasses :thumb: and ill pop down in a couple of weeks to sample your first brew.

Dave

Latest posts

Back