Grapefruit Brew

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't drink, the taste made me sick...and my left side all together just stop,

I might try my wine (small glass) be rude not to

Are you making the wine for others? i ask as you are going to take years to get through it at a glass per night. :wink:

I'm not sure Roddy to be honest. The reason I'm making it is that I used to drink Vodka with grapefruit. I like the sharp bitter taste of grapefruit.

I like the idea of grapefruit wine but hate grapefruit so have never made one.

Pete, thanks for the update, glad to hear it turned out ok in after just over a month, not bad eh, you say the extra grapefruit juice made sediment, but do you think would it have had less of the grapefruit taste without adding it?

Hard to know if the extra grapefruit would have made a difference. I'll find out next time when I don't add it. And the one after that I'll add more. But, you know it was just an experiment to see if a citrus fruit would ferment. I like it and will make it again, but without adding the extra juice.

For anyone who's interested I enjoyed another one of these last night while watching the Mariners lose AGAIN!
It was bottled about 5 weeks ago and has mellowed nicely. Nowhere near as bitter as it was, which is only to be
expected I suppose. Next time grapefruit juice is half price I'll be buying enough for a 12-15 litre batch, which
I'll let age

Latest posts

Back