GrainFather G30 Connect questions

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nashbrew

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi
I am just about to embark on a project to attach a G30 connect controller to a Braumeister BM20. (The Brau-Father)
Being unfamiliar with the G30 controller, I need to answer some question before I just make smoke.

Does the G30 have a pump rest periods in the mash stages?
Also does the pump automatically stop at a temperature during the boil?
The reason I need to know is this is standard BM20 pump is not rated to pump above around 85℃ where as the G30 pump is rated at a much higher temp.

🍺🍻🍺

Everything is possible, it's depends on the recipe you running on it.
If you brew manually, you have to turn the pump on and off manually.

Hi
I am just about to embark on a project to attach a G30 connect controller to a Braumeister BM20. (The Brau-Father)
Being unfamiliar with the G30 controller, I need to answer some question before I just make smoke.

Does the G30 have a pump rest periods in the mash stages?
Also does the pump automatically stop at a temperature during the boil?
The reason I need to know is this is standard BM20 pump is not rated to pump above around 85℃ where as the G30 pump is rated at a much higher temp.

🍺🍻🍺
When you use the phone/tablet app to control the mash, the pump is on constantly recirculating the wort, there are no rest periods. The temperature is controlled automatically so if you want three mash stages, e.g 50°c, then 65° then mash out 75°c you can programme the app to do this, the pump will automatically switch off at the end of the last mash step only. You can control both the pump and heater manually.

Thanks that will work for me ,does the pump operate on the boil or is that just a manual thing with the G30?
Cheers
The pump doesn’t operate during the boil, it automatically switches off at the end of the last mash step. When the mash finishes you have to either use the app or the button on the controller to go to the spare stage, then afterwards the boil, but the pump remains off after the mash has finished.

Back