From USA , AZ I just ordered a Engine Pull , homebrewer since 2007..

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chuck Collins

Reaction score
From USA , AZ I just ordered a Engine Pull , homebrewer since 2007..

I want to brew some real ales...

Welcome to the forum!

There have been a few posts and questions here recently in using beer engines. Any recipes in particular that you have in mind?

Beer engines (in my experience) work best with low carbed beers, as they knock a lot of the gas out of the beer. Plus a gassy beer will often 'leak' through the tap.

Still love my handpull though, great fun and some nice theatrics the few times a year I get it out.

Beer engines (in my experience) work best with low carbed beers, as they knock a lot of the gas out of the beer. Plus a gassy beer will often 'leak' through the tap.

Still love my handpull though, great fun and some nice theatrics the few times a year I get it out.

I plan to condition in the keg and it being low carbed with a Cask Breather as well , not sure how long the shelf life will be , I have read a few week and longer not sure..

I plan to condition in the keg and it being low carbed with a Cask Breather as well , not sure how long the shelf life will be , I have read a few week and longer not sure..
Have a look at these two they have a fair bit of Engine info
Thank you very much. I'm not sure about "authentic", it's what I do to emulate authenticity because to be authentic will mean drinking naff beer most of the time. And I do remember "science", it was on my school timetables 45-or-so years ago.

And that passes for modesty in my book. I'm actually resoundingly brilliant with pin sharp intelle... (Someone shut him up! His "treatise" with a section on hand pumps is linked in his signature below).
http://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwzEv5tRM-5EQUhZbDNPdmV1bWc/view
Should give you some food for thought.
Really can recommend the 5 points bitter it's very good.

This thread has a lot of engine and ale discussion as well.
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/threads/english-ales-whats-your-favorite-recipe.472464/

Back