Free leccy

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlBrew

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like I'm brewing tomorrow.

1000005887.png

Just the boil I'm guessing, although the chicken is going on too, and the washing machine and maybe the car. Blown main fuse here we come....
I'm going to charge the battery...
We also had a similar event a few days ago. I'm on octopus intelligent so I give them control of the battery. They charged it up to full before the free window, then left it idle 🤦‍♀️

I'm going to charge the battery...
We also had a similar event a few days ago. I'm on octopus intelligent so I give them control of the battery. They charged it up to full before the free window, then left it idle 🤦‍♀️
My solar and battery arrive next week, typical, I get solar and they start giving it away!

I get these. Really impressed with octopus BUT you do need to check each bill. Last month was wrong for every day.
Do you take a note of the smart meter and compare it to your monthly bill on a day by day basis?

Do you take a note of the smart meter and compare it to your monthly bill on a day by day basis?
My bill is listed for usage and cost per day because I am on their variable deal (changes with the wholesale price, works out much cheaper). We recently were away for a few weeks and on the app I can see daily usage and price per unit. I noticed on my bill the costs for when were away was high(sometimes higher than when everyone is home). I checked about 6 weeks worth of data and it was all out. Some days we used more than charged, others we were over charged. I had my money back and it will be interesting to see my bill, especially since we have been away again so it should be lower than normal.

My bill is listed for usage and cost per day because I am on their variable deal (changes with the wholesale price, works out much cheaper). We recently were away for a few weeks and on the app I can see daily usage and price per unit. I noticed on my bill the costs for when were away was high(sometimes higher than when everyone is home). I checked about 6 weeks worth of data and it was all out. Some days we used more than charged, others we were over charged. I had my money back and it will be interesting to see my bill, especially since we have been away again so it should be lower than normal.
Interesting. Thanks. I've only just signed up and got solar installed, so check it daily. It seems to be right

Latest posts

Back