First Taster

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bantamite

Reaction score
Well I have had my 1st taster of the Youngs Brew Buddy Kit. :drink: Seems to have a slight twang to it, :sick: but still drinkable. Not as good as I would like, but no doubt down to my inexperience. :whistle: Got a Tom Caxton kit to try next. :cheers:

Congratulations with your first kit

Kits can have a twang to then. This is generally happens as the malt extract ages. So the best thing to do is buy kits with a long sell by date and perhaps use a more expensive kit. Using spray malt or kit enhancer is better than using sugar. Beer also gets better with age so a month in the bottle and it will be a more rounded beer. :thumb:

Thanks for the advice graysalchemy, I will leave the beer for another couple of weeks. Also check out use by date on future kits.. I have seen the enhancer in Wilcos so will give it a go. :cheers:

How long is a long use by date on these things? Most kits I've used have been around a year to 18 months. Is that long, or should we be expecting longer?

Back