First go at a WOW help please

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Somnophore

Reaction score
Followed the instructions on here, how long before signs of fermentation? Been couple of hours? Nothing, 23c when yeast, nutrient and pectolase was added.

They tend to go quick in my limited experience, but not that quick... don't worry for at least 24 hours

Yeah I took the dog out and thought it might be going when I got back. Think we may have a tiny but of movement. Will report back later

Also doing without a hydrometer reading as dog nudged me when I was holding it and made me drop it lol. Will get another soon.

There's just something about the juices / nutrients / acid balance in a WOW which really gets the yeasties excited, and it starts and goes faster than anything else I've come across.

You may start to see first signs of fermentation within the hour, but it will take 2-3 days to get fully up to speed.

How long fermentation is likely to last will depend mostly upon temperature, but I would usually reckon on 2-3 weeks as an average, quicker in Summer, slower in Winter.

I started my first WOW last week. I got activity through the water trap after about 3-4 hours but that was at 25C.

Latest posts

Back