First for 40yrs!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bantamite

Reaction score
I last tried making home-brew 40yrs ago. :shock: Just brewed up a Youngs Brew Buddy kit, if it comes out reasonable will try for something better. :cheers:

Kits and other brewing stuff has move on a great deal in the last few decades. I am sure your brew will turn out well and another home brew will be hooked :thumb:

Thanks for advice. 40yr back you got plastic caps for the bottles, none of this professional looking metal caps and a £10 gadget to fit them!
Frankly the taste then was not good! :cry:
"Nelson's Revenge" sounds good. But I am an ex squaddie, not jolly Jack Tar! :grin:

Was the home brewing 40 years ago that bad or did you just lose interest? Welcome back anyways :cheers:

Home brew then was same as beer of the time. If you ever had the misfortune to taste Watney Red Barrel you will know what I mean. :D

I have not heard of this beer, Watney Red Barrel. Possibly due to the fact that I was a long way off being born when you did your last home brew !

Kegged said:
I have not heard of this beer, Watney Red Barrel. Possibly due to the fact that I was a long way off being born when you did your last home brew !

You don't know how lucky you are, I've ****** out better fluids.

Got it bottled today! Taste buds are at the ready :cheers: but have a wait. :whistle:
Only place I can find with home brew kit around here is Wilkos. They don't seem to sell Nelson's Revenge, so might try John Bull bitter next? :hmm:

Back