first cider brew

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sniffer91

Reaction score
Hi can any one help ive started my first cider 2 days ago its a kit from wilko. Ive not noticed any bubbling from the airlock its in a bucket not a barrel so may not have a perfect seal on the lid. Does anyone have any advice on how to know if the cider is fermenting. Thanks.

You could start by checking the seal, push on the lid a little and see if the airlock moves and remains still as you keep pressure on the lid.

Can you see any activity at all? Small bubbles on the side of the bucket?

In any case be patient it might just be a little slow.

Hopefully you rehydrated your yeast before pitching, that can make a difference in the lag time. Check out the post here.

There are bubbles on top of the brew yes. Also wen I press down on the lid the airlock does bubble.

Great thanks for the help. Still learning the art of brewing appreciate the help cheers.

Hey guys back again my cider has been fermenting for 14 days now the hydrometer shows progress but it is slow any body have any advice on this. Thanks

I've got the opposite issue, my first 30l is at 1005 already after just two weeks. The other 150L is still going but not far behind it. Will be racking sooner than expected and this is at 15 deg C constant.

Latest posts

Back