First batch of TC - results

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What does everyone do with their TC, I bottled mine and it's carbonated and cleared in bottle, with bit of sediment in each bottle can you let it clear in FV or will that mean you won't be able to prime and get it to carbonate.

I generally bottle mine when it's doing that colour-is-changing-about-to-clear thing, and let it finally clear in the bottle.
I don't mind leaving a little bit in the bottle to avoid the sediment, it's cheap enough...
Might try leaving it a day longer this time, see what happens.

I've bottled my first gallon, and left it in the house for two weeks. Now it's hidden in the shed behind the patio chairs so that I forget all about it, until the time comes to use said chairs. :) :drunk:

So when it comes to bottling do you prime or just syphon straight into the bottle from the DJ? Also, do most people use galss or PET style bottles?

I like fizzy cider, I primed with sugar and syphoned into bottles, I had a few ceramic flip top 500ml pressure bottles but these are expensive so the rest goes into 1l glass pressure bottles I had previously and 2l plastic bottles.

Somnophore said:
What does everyone do with their TC, I bottled mine and it's carbonated and cleared in bottle, with bit of sediment in each bottle can you let it clear in FV or will that mean you won't be able to prime and get it to carbonate.

Your brew should carbonate fine, even it is bright when bottling. I generally fine all my brews before bottling or barreling. I've kept lagers in fridge for a month an then bottled and had great carbonation, so you don't need to worry.

Couldnt resist making a gallon after reading throught the threads. Got 5 litres of lidl aplles juice (56p each! ) 200grms of sugar, dissolved in 1 litre of apple juice & a good squirt of honey. Took a SG reading and its 1060, so it should help me sleep!

Latest posts

Back