FG of coopers lager

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

junior

Reaction score
What should be the fg of coopers lager? Mines is sitting at 1016 and there isnt any movement of the hm over last two days.

what was ur first gravity reading? if around 1045 then i'd be looking for it to finish around 1008-1010 but depending how much sugar u added it may be different

abeyptfc said:
what was ur first gravity reading? if around 1045 then i'd be looking for it to finish around 1008-1010 but depending how much sugar u added it may be different
Hi, yes it was around 1045/47 and I put the kilo of brewing sugar that came with the kit that was all. Do you think I should just leave it for couple of days or add satchet of yeast or give it a stir.

It's been in a week tomorrow,should I give it the mild stir without splashing or leave it.

I gave it a stir today but there doesnt seem to be a lot happening, took a fg and that was the same as it has been the last two days 1016. Is there anything else I can do if fg doesn't drop in few days.
Advice appreciated.

junior said:
I gave it a stir today but there doesnt seem to be a lot happening, took a fg and that was the same as it has been the last two days 1016. Is there anything else I can do if fg doesn't drop in few days.
Advice appreciated.

if you only gave it a stir today i would leave it alone for 2 days and see if its drops any, if not just bottle it, if bottling in plastic bottles then you will be fine, if your using glass bottles then be a little careful as there will still be unfermented sugar if the FG is still quite high and could lead to bottle bombs. the magners/bulmers bottles will be fine, ive bottled at 1.014 before and not had any problems.

Just done a fg and its down, I would say its sitting about the 1012-13 mark so I'm pleased about that, will do another reading tomorrow and see how it goes. If its still the same on monday I think I will keg or bottle it and just hope for the best.

Back