Dry hop again?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Be very interested in how your PJ clone turns out, what yeast is in the kit?

Hi, it wasn't a kit, just grabbed a recipe from the internet. I've ordered some verdant IPA yeast, used it in my last brew and seems ok. This is the recipe in Brewfather, I've rounded the hops up/down slightly to sensible amounts rather than the usual 18.55555 nonsense you get when scaling:. The IBU is a bit high, should be 56, that's caused by setting the last hops to a 30 hop stand rather than 0min in the boil.
1629910044800.png

Hi, it wasn't a kit, just grabbed a recipe from the internet. I've ordered some verdant IPA yeast, used it in my last brew and seems ok. This is the recipe in Brewfather, I've rounded the hops up/down slightly to sensible amounts rather than the usual 18.55555 nonsense you get when scaling:. The IBU is a bit high, should be 56, that's caused by setting the last hops to a 30 hop stand rather than 0min in the boil.
View attachment 53346
I mainly asked as I have always used Nottingham and a friend recommended US05 to be more neutral and not overpower the aroma, not sure how the verdant compares as I have not used that.

I mainly asked as I have always used Nottingham and a friend recommended US05 to be more neutral and not overpower the aroma, not sure how the verdant compares as I have not used that.
I was going to order Nottingham but thought I'd try this out instead, I used it with the mountain IPA that this post is about and the 'undryhopped' beer has a nice balance & mouthfeel to it already with a subtle stone fruit thing going on.

Latest posts

Back