Drip Tray

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neddy

Reaction score
Hi all.
Ive now managed to get a long drip tray but any suggestions on fitting it to the chest freezer?
As hearing that it has elements in the walls so worrying about screwing brackets into it. A mate suggested metal no nails or pop rivets, would this be sufficient? Or has others screwed the brackets and not had any issues
Cheers
Neil

WelshPaul said:
There shouldn't be any wiring in the door if that is where you are putting the taps. There certainly wasn't on mine.
I was going to say exactly the same until I read read he OP and realised it is talking about a chest freezer, i.e. the "door" is on top. :thumb:

I would assume there will be coolant lines running through the front of the freezer hitch would make me very nervous drilling through it :(

neddy said:
Hi all.
Ive now managed to get a long drip tray but any suggestions on fitting it to the chest freezer?
As hearing that it has elements in the walls so worrying about screwing brackets into it. A mate suggested metal no nails or pop rivets, would this be sufficient? Or has others screwed the brackets and not had any issues
Cheers
Neil

This might be a daft idea, but I recently bought some neodymium (rare earth) magnets for my stirplate - they're very powerful - I wonder if they'd hold a drip tray bracket in place if you superglue the magnets to the freezer??

Thanks for the replies. Yeah door is on top so was worrying about screwing in the front. My dad came up with idea of using the wooden surround that I made for taps. Screw brackets into that and have them going down then bend them to hold tray so managed to make some at work. Just gonna spray them black and fit them.
Thanks again guys

I would use either No Nails or Araldite.
Rough the surface up a little with some emmery tape and bond it on with that/them.

Just MO, best be safe than sorry!

Andy

bunkerbrewer said:
neddy said:
Hi all.
Cheers
Neil

This might be a daft idea, but I recently bought some neodymium (rare earth) magnets for my stirplate - they're very powerful - I wonder if they'd hold a drip tray bracket in place if you superglue the magnets to the freezer??

That's the way I would go. :thumb:

Latest posts

Back