Desktop, Phone or Tablet. [POLL]

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which do you use most when at home (two votes)

• PC or Laptop

• Phone

• Tablet

Results are only viewable after voting.
Tablet most of the time, and phone if it’s charging, only use lap top for work, or watching football,

Laptop for me.
I do have a mobile phone but only ever take it with me if I want to use it as a camera. If it ever rings I never bother answer it as no one actually has my number.

The phone gets used for time-wasting. I don't even like repainting to emails with it.

I use the laptop for writing, serious browsing (in-depth product & data research). My dual-screen gaming system isn't set up for the moment 'cuz we're living in 600sqft with two professional home offices.

I mostly use my phone and/or tablet. I do prefer laptop use as it's quicker to type but mine is that old that it takes an eternity to load anything.

I use a laptop when I need the screen size (eg spreadsheets) or for lots of typing.

Everything else is done on phone apps or browser.

Recently bought my wife a new tablet as she loved her old one for ebooks. It has also come in handy for Video calls to family during lockdown.

Like me everything else is phone for her.

For work I have a laptop and Second screen, but for personal use while I do have a laptop,and desktop I mostly use my iPad for browsing the internet on the sofa or watching video etc.

Now that I'm out of sales and not sitting in front of the computer I find myself on my tablet much more. It's a Samsung S2 8.0. Bought it new in 2017. Does most everything I need. I'm using it to post this right now.

I use the phone a lot, especially to access here, but if I need to do a lot of typing, or messing about with images, the Linux lappy comes out. I thought a tablet would be the best of both worlds, but having obtained one, it's actually bobbins. Lol. So I hardly ever use it.

ditto for me - my aging laptop happily runs Ubuntu Linux but is normally only used for downloading stuff now. My IPhone 11 gets 95% of my stuff done, including this post.

Latest posts

Back