Crowner Recommendations?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mickeywheelspin

Reaction score
Any recommendations?

I've been using a Wilkos two handed crowner (with Wilkos glass bottles) for the past few brews and while it still works, it's beginning to take ages. It started off ok but doesn't seem to grip the bottle neck properly any more so twists off the bottle when i pull the handles down. If I'm persistent I can still get the job done but it's making bottling even more tedious than it needs to be. Reckon it's only a matter of time before I break one.

Thanks.

I love my Agata Benchtop Capper, its a dream and makes bottling go so much faster and no miss caps!

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DLE2758/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

31H7XYwb80L.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
There are some options out there but if you can afford it go with a bench top, boy do they make bottling so much faster and no more misscaps! Just make sure you use the same size bottles so you not adjusting the capper or group them by size.

Both options looks good, I may go with the first one because of the bottle adjustment locks in vs tightening mechanism on the back of #2. I soak my caps in a bottle of starsan before use and hold onto the bottle as I press so I have never experienced a stuck cap like the 1 negative feedback on amazon.

If you have an unlimited budget, I concur a bench capper is the mutts nuts.

If you haven't, don't waste your money on those mainly plastic ones. They don't last. Get one of these instead:

http://www.home-brew-online.com/equipment-c40/bottle-crown-capper-metal-p1587

They are much better. Fewer misscaps too.

Which is exactly what I did when my Young's plastic capper bent and twisted after a few brews. It's a pleasure to use and can tackle most bottles though it dosen't like some of the Fuller's ones with thick necks.

Latest posts

Back