Corny keg

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stubnut

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi
I have gone down the leg route for my brew, I have a 3.6kg co2 connected but the beer come out flat? Did i need to put carbonation drops in the keg like I did with my bottles?
The beer tastes fine just flat?

I have questions three.
What psi did you force carb at?
Did you check for leaks with soapy water?
How long did you leave it before pouring?

Maybe talk us through what you did so we might be able to spot the problem
I just did a normal lager kit as per instructions but instead of bottling I put into the keg (sterilised) filled it with 10psi and left it to rest for 4 weeks transferred to fridge for a week put a picnic tap on and serve ,just comes out under pressure but no carbonation?

As i read this you set it at 10psi then left it for 4 weeks, 1 i suspect you disconnected the gas 2 as above 10psi is to low for larger 3 if you let gas connected you have a leak, i would carb a larger at 20psi

As Rod says you must keep the gas connected and it will be absorbed by the beer. If not the co2 will be fully absorbed but not enough to carbonate the beer.

Your 10psi was absorbed within the first few hours.

Set it to 20psi and leave it on and connected for 2 weeks.

Use those 2 weeks to get 2 metres of 3/16" beer line and some JG connectors because a picnic tap will dispense you a pint of foam.

Back