Cornies, here I come!!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigYin

Regular.
Reaction score
Oh yeah! The mrs has just given the green light for my first two cornies :mrgreen: Yeah baby!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I'm probably going to source them from Norm, but I do wonder if I should invest in a bigger gas control panel than one with just two outlets, as I understand cornies have a magic habit of multiplying :hmm:

that's what I suspect will happen to me too :lol: :whistle:

hence why I don't want to fork out money for a two outlet gas regulator, when the chances are high that within 12 months or less I'll be adding to the cornie family...

i bought 2 from norm at the start of feb, my gas bottle fell over and its gubbed tge regulator as the psi needle isnt moving but i can still hear gas going into the keg, i emailed him a few days ago but hes not got back with an answer!

at the moment I think a proper gas control panel is needed as each cornie will probably need to be held at a different pressure depending on what's in it and whether it's being kept at force carbonation pressure or just conditioning/delivery pressure :hmm:

I'm not sure how easy/expensive it might be to make on myself... Suspect with pressure stuff it may be wiser to let a professional build it...

I was going to suggest you looked at this topic about my own gas management board, but I notice you already posted there. I haven't got any more recent photos but now I've sorted out my plumbing and got it hooked up to 4 kegs I'm still well pleased with my purchase.

I don't think Norm has those very often, so drop him an email if you wanted something similar.

If he doesn't reply almost immediately that probably means he's off on his travels.

Yep, it was your thread that made me go "ooooh! Me WANT!" :lol:

Hope Norm can sort summat like that for me :mrgreen:

I too ordered the whole cornie set up from norm a few days ago, just the one keg though as im a pauper at the moment. Im so excited i actually cant sleep at night lol (i know its sad) i hope it comes tomorrow.....

Was on the phone to BOC today and sorted out a cylinder rental account, so a nice big CO2 tank will be ready for me to collect on Monday :mrgreen:

BigYin said:
Was on the phone to BOC today and sorted out a cylinder rental account, so a nice big CO2 tank will be ready for me to collect on Monday :mrgreen:
how much are you paying bigyin iydmma. how big is the bottle?
ive not sourced co2 locally yet, might ask at the local.

It's about £2.40 plus VAT per month for the rental of the cylinder, and I think they said around £17.50 plus VAT for a fill. I'm actually not certain how big it is...... :hmm:

Cylinder arrived today - thanks to a c0ck up in communication, rather than drop the cylider at the depot where I was to collect it, the driver instead delivered it to my house, while I was down at the depot :roll:

Still, now I have it!

216769_10150171297114585_535884584_6720343_3485791_n.jpg

Came home today to a nice large package sitting in the hall waiting for me - 2 lovely shiny cornies :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I'm a party tap short, but I have every confidence Norm will sort this out though :drink:

Still waiting on the gas management panel though as Norm's supplier has let him down, but I'm willing to be patient to get what I want :mrgreen:

have patience young son, hope you get ur stuff through asap. i bought a new reg from norm and paid via paypal at about 7.30am before going to work and i got the reg the next day.

Norm emailed me today saying the delivery of the gas management panels was iminent.. with luck he'll have got them tonight and mine will be on its way to me very soon :mrgreen:

BigYin said:
Norm emailed me today saying the delivery of the gas management panels was iminent.. with luck he'll have got them tonight and mine will be on its way to me very soon :mrgreen:
woop woop! hope it comes tomorrow!

that'd be ace, but I suspect it'll be next week now...

Still need to pick up my videne from Boots, and am trying to arrange to collect a fridge off freecycle.... not that I'm excited by any of this you understand.. :whistle:

Latest posts

Back