Coopers Mexican Cerveca

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hare1975

Reaction score
I am about to brew a Coopers Mexican Cerveca, it recommends to use coopers brew enhancer.

is this neccesary, I was planning to use a muntons light spray malt instead of sugar.

any advise would be greatly appreciated

cheers :drunk:

Hare

yeah that will be fine. all the coopers kits say to use brew enhance so you end up paying £4 for a box of their sugar instead of tate and lyle!ive used the BE once or twice and not noticed any difference.

I've just brewed this and have to say the taste is very nice indeed.

Its like 'Sol' but more citrus; and if you like that then add a slice of lemon or lime.

Unfortunately mine came out flat - after a lot of looking and asking around I really should have bottled. The instructions say it will be ready quick but, like most home brews I read about the longer the better.

When I brew it again I'll bottle and leave in my airing cupboard for a cupboard for a few weeks then transfer to the fridge for at least two (i.e 2 weeks in FV, 2 weeks bottled in cupboard, 2 weeks in fridge).

I would go with beer kit enhancer or just sugar with this kit. If you went all DME I think it would be a bit chewy for the style.

Latest posts

Back