Coopers fermenter vs. other plastic fermenters

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robsparky99

Newbie kit brewer
Reaction score
So I'll throw in my thoughts as to why the Coopers fermenter is the best to use vs any other plastic fermenter.

1. Made from thicker plastic, which makes them far more rigid and easier to handle the weight of the brew
  2. The chunky handles on the side make carrying the whole thing far easier
  3. The collar design eliminates the need for an airlock - good bye bloody bubbling stupidity
  4. You do not have to drill holes in the lid or the side for airlock/tap
  5. The tap fits exactly and does not leak (well only if your a T*at and rip the seal) - No trying to tighten the tap up everytime and still having it leak
  6. It cleans easier
I would however say that there are two flaws:
  1. Inside the tap is a spring, which easily gets contaminated. The earlier models were prone to rusting. Since buying some newer taps, I think they have changed the metal of the spring.
  2. The bottling wand is ****, not as good as the little bottler etc. and to make matters worse they use a slightly thicker diameter tube, so others don't fit.
Its pricey, compared with wilkos/Youngs or what you would find online, but IMHO its worth the money.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back