coopers english bitter?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the candyman

Reaction score
just started a coopers english bitter, added 1kg of brew enhancer and 500gms of med spay malt. sound good? i think 100gms should be enough for carbination?

Sounds good to me, i think i'll be doing this one next too. Did you take a starting gravity reading? You may end up with a beer around 5.5-5.7% with those additions :cheers:

I'm currently working my way through my first brew which was a Coopers English Ale. I only added 500g of spray malt and I think it could do with a bit more flavour, six weeks after bottling. You might get a bit more flavour from the extra malt (but boozier too!). I put quite a lot of sugar in the bottles, at 4-5g/500ml, and they're pretty damn fizzy, so you should be on the right track there.

memit said:
at 4-5g/500ml, and they're pretty damn fizzy, so you should be on the right track there.

that would give carbonation appropriate for a lager, and at 5g per litre may be difficult to open without it going everywhere. Up to you how you have it of course, but may be a bit much for a bitter.

Latest posts

Back