Coopers Australian Lager

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mryork

Reaction score
Good Afternoon All

I started my first crack at Home Brew yesterday with a can of Coopers Austrailian Lager. I cleaned the fermantation bucket emptied the contents of the can with sugar boiling water before adding cold water and the yeast it came with and gave it a good stir. I have attached a heat belt to the bucket but as of this morning it only has a patchy white top to. But in the whole nothing has really changed from when i started.

Does this sound normal? Any advice greatly recieved.

Hi,

I've just done a couple of Coopers European, neither of them fermented very vigorously but they have both dropped from 1.042 to 1.002 so fermentation has definitly occured. Both of them just gently fizzed for a week with very minimal sediment left on the side of the bucket. Last time I did this kit I got atleast an inch of think foam on the top. I think its just down to temperature this time and Im sure it'll be fine.

I ve put the belt on half way up the bucket as instructed to so are 21 to 27c.

Do you have to have an air lock on the bucket as the bucket my friends just got from tesco's hasn't got one.

Have you actually taken the temperature ? I bought a brewbelt a few weeks ago anf just couldn't get it to keep a constant temperature at all. Last week I got a builders tub and aquarium heater ( £15 total ) and it's kept my brews between 20-25c

My buckets doesn't have an airlock hole either. Its tight on round 90% and loose only at one edge to let the gasses out.

If your's is tight is it doming at all ?

yes its at 22c

however like yours mine is starting to foam after 36 hours

Back