Cooling a keg

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nibbers

Reaction score
Hi Guys
I have finished my first brew into a keg with a tap at the bottom, I am just wondering if anyone has any tips on how to cool the keg as I am planning on unveiling it at a party on Sunday and its going to be 27 degrees outside. Its one of the festival kits so I am assuming there will be sediment in the bottom so I will not want to move the keg.
Thanks in advance.

You could do with 5lt mini kegs, chill them in fridge ready for party

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Hi Guys
I have finished my first brew into a keg with a tap at the bottom, I am just wondering if anyone has any tips on how to cool the keg as I am planning on unveiling it at a party on Sunday and its going to be 27 degrees outside. Its one of the festival kits so I am assuming there will be sediment in the bottom so I will not want to move the keg.
Thanks in advance.

I thought quite a bit about this one as I use bottom tap King Kegs for my beer and it can get a bit warm in the summer even in the relative cool of my garage. I'm on the look out for a tall fridge to stick them in with a long term view to building a kegerator and changing over to corny kegs. A fridge is really the only easy way to do it.

For a short term fix though how about buying some ice cube bags from the supermarket, making ice in them and then wrapping the keg in the ice cube bags. Might need a bit of gaffer tape etc. Wrap the whole lot in a wet towel or two for further cooling. It might work!

They wouldn't cost slot to make, cooler box from tesco, homebrew shop for tap and pipe, drill holes away you go

And you could use a lot more pipe as well so more beer running through cooler box, then add two or three bags of ice plus two ice packs, should keep it cold for a while

Sadly, both out of stock. I am looking into making one, the trouble is that I am nowhere near a homebrew shop as far as I am aware.

Sadly, both out of stock. I am looking into making one, the trouble is that I am nowhere near a homebrew shop as far as I am aware.
Google it, might be in driving distance

I'm glad I got 5lt mini kegs, I pop one or two in fridge on a Thursday, ready for Friday and Saturday night, they don't take up much room either

Latest posts

Back