CO2

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigYin

Regular.
Reaction score
So, I have a king keg from Hairybiker. I got a new S30 valve for it as the old one was too corroded to work, and I also got a sodastream adaptor.

Took the empty sodastream bottle into Comet today, got a new one - and lo and behold it's a different thread and so won't fit the adaptor.

Googling it that turns out to be no surprise, but what is really frustrating is that there are actually plenty of places that deal with the new 60L sodastream cylinders, but none who deal with the older 35L style :evil:

So I either have to pay and extra £6 in postage every time I order one from sodastream, or source a new adaptor (seemingly impossible!) - or maybe I ditch that route and go for something totally different....

Does anyone local (by that I mean Central Scotland) know of any gas suppliers who will do the larger cylinders and refils for the homebrewer? What kit would I need besides the cylinder to be able to connect it to the S30 valve??

Suggestions please!!!

Thats a pain!

Nowhere at all locally that would do you a hambleton bard S30 cylinder?

Sorry mate, I gave you the SS in the assumption that it would be easier to replace. I had no idea that they had changed the thread. Strange that as it means that all the older SS models will be redundant now. If I had known I would have given you an S30 (I had one in the car :oops: on the way to get it replaced)

Look into getting a Widget delivery system (a handle that the bottle screws into then connects to the barrel using a cap that screws on the S30 valve)

Just checking the soadstream web site and the 35l bottles are still available. Maybe return it to Comet and say it doesn't fit my SS I need the 35l (smaller) one?

If corbybrewer can help out, then I'll go that route, and I'll try and get a refund off Comet.

I checked with Comet and they say they don't do, and won't do, the 35l cyclinders - strictly just the 60l ones. The guy I spoke to didn't know I'd bought a 60L off them - will take it back in when I have a chance!

If the 35L cylinders do become available again, I have the adaptor :mrgreen:

Long term I'm looking to move to Cornies anyway, but financially that's not gonna happen for a while.

Latest posts

Back