CO2 Injector pin valve on King Keg

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomblanchard08

Reaction score
Hi,
We recently bought this king keg [edited by jamesb to remove THBSTCBN] with CO2 injector system, with a box of ten bulbs (at the bottom of the page on the website).
However, we cannot seem to use it at all. Do we need any more equipment, or is there something wrong with the valve? (ie, I cannot actually see a pin in the attached photo).

IMG_9202.jpg

Many thanks.
Tom

Yes I am afraid that there is a hollow pin missing from the valve :(
The pin punctures the little bulbs and allows the CO2 to pass into the keg :thumb:

If that is the case it doesn't work with the small sparklet bulbs . . . but a much bigger Hambleton Bard Cylinder . . . The good news is that these are cheaper to use in the long run . . . bad news is that you have 10 Sparklet bulbs that you can't use.

I do wonder if there is an adapter fro s30 valves though :hmm:

If it was sold to you to use with the small 8g CO2 bulbs then it is missing a small hollow pin that fits into the centre of the valve.
It is an S30 valve such as this
DSC00121-1.jpg

with the hollow pin fitted it can be used with a bulb holder like this one
DSC00125.jpg

which screws onto the S30 valve with an 8g bulb inserted which punctures the bulb letting gas into the keg something like this (no pin or bulb sorry)
DSC00126-1.jpg

or the pin can be removed and the valve used with an S30 cylinder like this
DSC00127-1.jpg

The whole shooting match can be seen HERE

I hope this helps :)

I took delivery of a King Keg top tap last week. The website I bought it from has its own forum, with a section on how to use the keg where it clearly explains that all top tap versions are supplied with pin valve and screw on adaptor. Many of you will know who I am referring to.

My keg is to go on racking in the shed and I don't have sufficient head room for an S30. Like you I also ordered a pack of the smaller bulbs.

Website has sent me the S30 valve, but as I had a brew ready to be kegged I have had to start secondary fermentation and will have to change the valve/cap as soon as a replacement arrives.

Having said that, I've emailed them twice with no response so far.

I'm becoming somewhat annoyed with the supplier of my King Keg. I emailed them twice with no response in relation to the wrong valve being supplied, and also no CO2 injection tool.

Finally, after I initiated a Paypal claim, they get back to me:

"A new pin valve will be dispatched out to you today. Unfortunately the King keg only comes with the pin valve and not the plastic CO2 injector bulb holder. This item is available to purchase seperately. The forum is not related to The Online Shopping Companies products or orders and is considered seperate, any posts made by forum members does not always relate to the items we sell."

Having looked again at their forum King Keg guide (posted by administrator Damon), I see that I was right all along:

LINK

Adding extra CO2

Our King Keg top tap barrels are slightly different from the standard keg sold elsewhere. Due to the difficulty and poor availability of soda stream and S30 CO2 bottles in the UK, we now supply king keg top taps with the pin style valve so the small 8gm gas bulbs can be used. The keg comes complete with the injection tool.

Not impressed

Bad news.

Unfortunately the supplier you used has not got the best reputation out there.

I guess that,s another lost customer,it's about time they started to provide a better service.

llannige said:
Bad news.

Unfortunately the supplier you used has not got the best reputation out there.

I guess that's another lost customer,it's about time they started to provide a better service.

I never realised that they didn't have the best reputation. Even though I live in London there is actually a sparcity of Home Brew shops around here. For that reason I buy of the internet and every order I put in is at least £60 in order to get free postage.

Ignoring my emails is not the way to go. I work in Computer Forensics and know for sure that they were received & read.

I've used Hop & Grape before and never had any problem, they've always given good service.

Latest posts

Back