Cloudy Wine

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scaggs

Reaction score
My apple & blackcurrant wine had stopped fermenting and was looking quite clear. I wanted it clearer though so I put in some Wilko wine finings. After a couple of days it's cloudier than before I added the finings.

Are the Wilko finnings rubbish or do I need to wait longer?

You will have stirred the sediment that had naturally settled back in when you added the fining give it time it will clear.

Does it smell and taste OK?

You will have stirred the sediment that had naturally settled back in when you added the fining give it time it will clear.

Does it smell and taste OK?
Just tasted it and it's ok, maybe a bit sweeter than I expected. No bad smells. The hydometer reading is o.999 and works out at 11.3%. It's definitely cloudy though. I'll put it in the garage with a solid bung - see if it clears over time?

Didn't realise that, thanks. Looks a vbit clearer this morningacheers.

The last two times I've used wilko wine finings they haven't worked, previously they've been spot on, don't know if its a bad batch or whataunsure....

I use Kwik clear if I can get it locally or Young's Clear It if I cannot they are both 2 part finings and are brilliant at clearing my wines, Kwik clear has a longer shelf life once opened.

Latest posts

Back