cider kits starter question

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abeyptfc

Landlord.
Reaction score
hi guys, ive done a few coopers beer kits but was interested in giving a cider a kit a try, the youngs kits seem so get a good write up, especially the cider kits. can someone advise me what the cider kits involve? is it the same as the lager kits where u add the tin of concentrate, sugar, water and yeast? how good is the cider,? any recommendations on cheap homebrew stores will be appreciated, there is alot of family and friends on the lookout for gd brew!
much appreciated

I got a youngs brew kit for about £50 off ebay (cider, 5G bin, 5G pressure barrel, hydrometer, syphon tube, steriliser and instructions). My first attempt I put into the Pressure barrel 2 days ago and have found it really easy. I did have to ask a little on here though as I was worried but everything turned out fine :) And you can buy the refills for about £10, which for around 30-40 pints is a bargain if it works well.

I might give TC a go, need to have a better look for instructions first though :)

i have only done a couple of cider kits but the best by far if you can find it is black rock new zealand cider. Really nice taste, i added a bag of sugar for that extra kick!
Just waiting for my first tc to clear now.

Latest posts

Back