Chubby-dry hop

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 47933

Reaction score
Ok so I have a king keg chubby fermenter which I want to put my first all grain (smash) into. The recipe states I have 60 grams of dry hop to put in post primary fermentation and for 4days then cold crash, as I don’t have the facilities or equipment at present to either keg or bottle and normally serve straight from the fermenter, would that amount of dry hop being left in the fermenter have an adverse affect on the beer after time? As in more than a few weeks? If so ok but also is there a way of putting the dry hops in and getting them out of the chubby after 4days??

Ok so I have a king keg chubby fermenter which I want to put my first all grain (smash) into. The recipe states I have 60 grams of dry hop to put in post primary fermentation and for 4days then cold crash, as I don’t have the facilities or equipment at present to either keg or bottle and normally serve straight from the fermenter, would that amount of dry hop being left in the fermenter have an adverse affect on the beer after time? As in more than a few weeks? If so ok but also is there a way of putting the dry hops in and getting them out of the chubby after 4days??
A weighted bag (sterilised) and dental floss of fishing line, dangle the hops in and take them out after the four days

Latest posts

Back