Chatbots

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daveg

Reaction score
Sorry, I’m here for a rant!!!!
I’ve just turned 60 so this might be the male menopause!!
I ordered some shoes last Saturday, next day delivery, and it’s Thursday now and they’re still not out for delivery. My rant is, why in Gods name can’t you speak to a human anymore? Two companies with automated phone calls and chatbots promising callbacks and investigations that never happen! I need to up my blood pressure meds!!!! Customer service has gone to the dogs.

Sorry, I’m here for a rant!!!!
I’ve just turned 60 so this might be the male menopause!!
I ordered some shoes last Saturday, next day delivery, and it’s Thursday now and they’re still not out for delivery. My rant is, why in Gods name can’t you speak to a human anymore? Two companies with automated phone calls and chatbots promising callbacks and investigations that never happen! I need to up my blood pressure meds!!!! Customer service has gone to the dogs.
Tell the chatbot to put you through to a human. Often works.

[Devils advocate mode on]

So you buy cheap shoes online instead of paying a little extra in your local shoe shop then when things go wrong moan because they dont have a member of staff taking calls which is probably part of the reason the shoes are cheaper in the first place. :confused.:

[Devils advocate mode off]

Last edited:
Calm down - have a beer athumb..
Couldn't be calmer, I am a TalkTalk customer I know all about bad customer service ;)

They aren't actually that bad now they just have a bad reputation that goes back lot of years and people have long memories.

Couldn't be calmer, I am a TalkTalk customer I know all about bad customer service ;)

They aren't actually that bad now they just have a bad reputation that goes back lot of years and people never forget.
I would stab myself in both eyes before I ever become a customer of theirs again.

Like an Elephant......

I would stab myself in both eyes before I ever become a customer of theirs again.

Like an Elephant......

We have been with them at least 15 years and have never had any major problem, when i have had to use customer service i used the online service which was brilliant as you can keep a log of the conversation and it live chat, i know phone support can be hit and miss but that applies to all ISP's that use foreign call centres.

Look at the screen shot below from thinkbroadband one of the top broadband sites in the UK if you read this you wouldn't touch Virgin Media with a bargepole, Plusnet, EE and Vodafone also come in for some stick.

TT are really not as bad as some make out this is my speed on Fibre To The Cabinet it rarely drops below and its by fasr the cheapest for a totally unlimited FTTC connection.

1717087667998.png
1717087869902.png

1717087110010.png

Below

Last edited:
They aren't actually that bad now they just have a bad reputation that goes back lot of years and people have long memories.
Hi Chip should have made it clear i was replying to Daveg upping his meds:laugh8::laugh8::laugh8:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back