Carbonation DropsFor cider

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They will work perfectly well :thumb:
If as the instructions say your cider is kept at fermentation temperature then carbonation will be complete in three days :thumb:

:hmm:

so instead of having to wait 2 odd months, your cider is good to drink after 3 days.
This just sounds too good to be true..I might try me some of them..
Do you reckon there would be any change(improvement!) in taste that occurs over those few months that would be lost if reduced to 3 days?

Carbonation will be complete in 3 days, maturation is a different process ;)
To be honest though with cider kits and basic turbo cider extended maturation periods don't add much to the finished product and I have found that once the yeast has sedimented it tastes fine :party:
Carbonation drops iirc are just glucose and are handy because there is no weighing :)
To be honest if I bottle cider I use apple juice to prime with and use 30ml per 500ml bottle and I find that this gives a good carbonation level and I also believe helps to retain some extra apple flavour and aroma :drink:

Thanks..
Sounds interesting..so instead of going the sugar route alltogether you bung in some apple juice which has sugar in it..

is it ....
juice you've frozen from original pressing..
Apple juice off shop shelf
Fresh pressed apple juice

Cheers

Apple juice in a carton from the juices section of the supermarket. Reconstituted from concentrate, nothing special ;)

Latest posts

Back