Carbonating before cornie

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arthurbear

Reaction score
Hi To All

I have my cornies and i'm getting better at forced carbonation ( my first attemps produced glasses of froth ) :D
I still have my plastic wilkos barrels and wondered if i used natrual carbonation in them then transferd to my cornie would this work???

:cheers: :thumb:

It should. . . . Once you have carbonated the beer, you need to get it as cold as possible, then drop the pressure off completely, and then connect the Plastic tap to a black disconnect. Disconnect on corny. . . lift corny PRV , and open tap on barrel . . . beer should flow and you shouldn't loose too much condition.

Alternatively . . . connect the corny up to gas at 1PSI per degree C, and leave it for two weeks . . . perfectly carbonated beer. . . . just make sure you have no gas leaks

also check your beer line length from disconnect to tap i had same problem untill tubby shaw informed me i only had a small length :rofl: should be looking around 5 feet if 3/16" pipe

Latest posts

Back