Can all purpose yeast be used on cider

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes it can. It's not ideal, but it'll work fine. Don't kits come with a sachet of yeast?
Yes I've done on the rocks peach and mango, was bubbling fine when started seems to have slowed right down after 2 days!

Yes I've done on the rocks peach and mango, was bubbling fine when started seems to have slowed right down after 2 days!

Last 30L batch of cider I made I just pressed the apple pulp and let it get on with it naturally... resulted in a really good cider! What is amazing is there were alsorts of apples in there many badly bashed and bruised and all had worms in because I do not treat my trees. Cider its organic man 🤣

Last 30L batch of cider I made I just pressed the apple pulp and let it get on with it naturally... resulted in a really good cider! What is amazing is there were alsorts of apples in there many badly bashed and bruised and all had worms in because I do not treat my trees. Cider its organic man 🤣

Oh no. Are you saying yeast is not organic then 🤔🤔

Last edited:
Kv-1116 will make the fruit flavour come through. Really quick fermentation and it suppresses wild yeasts.
Yes, This is an interesting yeast. Sometimes known just as K1, it's a "killer" yeast.
Champagne yeast should be the best substitute, though. Aren't both Cider yeast and Champagne yeast members of the Saccharomyces Bayanus group?

Back