calling all hairy brewers(shaver help)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if the mrs has her way i would get my face waxed :eek: :shock: :nah: :nono:

The missus waxes my back, shoulders and bit between my eyebrows, but I draw the line at my face (not to mention anywhere else)!

Just used my lovely 1931 Gillette goodwill razor with some nannys silly soap and my badger hair brush. Smooth as a babby's behind!

i told my mrs if i ever get back in to a pair of 32 jeans i will have a full body wax for charity. :doh:

got to wait until monday before i get my de. right off to scrap my face with a tea spoon

If anyone wants more info on traditional shaving (or as I see it turning shaving from a chore to a pleasure) then there are several forums out there.
The Shaving Room is a British run one covering all aspects and I know that several people here are also members there.
For anyone interested in Cut Throat razors (Straight razors) I help run a quieter European based forum called Artisan Shaving which covers restoring, using and honing straight razors.

iceo said:
a few years back the mrs got a Turkish shave was nice but not worth the money as within a few hours i could feel the stubble again
I get one sometimes, my place charges a fiver and it lasts days.
So relaxing as well.

Another advocate of DE shaving here - I have both a Edwin Jagger and a Merkur DE razor and packs of blades are cheap as chips compared to the Gillette stuff. Add using proper shaving cream in a tub from Proraso or Taylors of Old Bond Street and you'll be amazed at the difference :thumb: I know I was. So far the blades from Derby and Feather have been the ones better suited to my skin, but you can get hold of trial packs of a number of different makes in a bundle on Amazon (e.g. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Derby-Astra-Dor ... =pd_cp_d_0). Have a look at some videos on YouTube as there are plenty of demos - changed the way I look at shaving. Used to hate it, now it's a relaxing and rewarding experience that leaves me with a smooth face, feeling clean and refreshed :thumb:

Cheers,
Mark

Last edited by a moderator:
iceo said:
a few years back the mrs got a Turkish shave was nice but not worth the money as within a few hours i could feel the stubble again
the mrs got a Turkish shave?

alawlor66430 said:
iceo said:
the mrs got a Turkish shave?

she got me a . i missed a word out and trust you to find it

will i have had my first de shave, nice and smooth a little rash but thats my own fault (didnt need a 3 pass) and the bonus i didnt cut myself :party: .

thanks for all the input

fbsf said:
No worries - just remember to keep the pressure on your face as light as possible to avoid irritation.

And don't forget, pm me your address if you want some blades to try.

a big thank you to fbsf for sending me some blades to test :thumb:

Back