C02 Regulator

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob Wilson

Reaction score
Good evening guys

What’s the best Regulator for a Corny and whereabouts would I get this from as the one I have is a bit rubbish many thanks.

Me n my pal we brew together so need another Reg the 1 he has is temperamental so need an additional thanks.

I use the kegland mark IV and happy with it. One for CO2 and the other running a beer gas mix.
Just about to buy another one as my first regulator not that brand I " backed up with beer " seemed to be okay but now realise that there are nasties growing in it and they inoculate the beer. I only use that reg on my wander around cylinder but took me a while to work out the cause, surprise surprise it's a yeast growing in there.

Good evening guys

What’s the best Regulator for a Corny and whereabouts would I get this from as the one I have is a bit rubbish many thanks.
The best regulators are those that you find on the trade sites like BOC, Gas UK and others because they're designed to be used in cellars where they're in constant use taking accidental knocks all the time.

I have the Italian regulator from Malt Miller. I find the centre regulator knob hard to turn as it requires a lot of torque and is so small. I have to say I've moved to using the Kegland regulator due to the large knob that comes with it.

@Brew_DD2

Sorry to hear about the reg problem. I've got a poorly reg due to the unfortunate liquid backup errror. But i did try and change the stem on it to fit an oxygen cylinder as it would be good for those duties. However couldn't get that loose, I think it had been done up by a big panda in the production facility.
It is marked left hand thread though, I'm not sure if the gauges are the same, might be worth a try or just see if it has recalibrated with a different start point, if ten is 0 and 20 is 10 etc.

@Brew_DD2

Sorry to hear about the reg problem. I've got a poorly reg due to the unfortunate liquid backup errror. But i did try and change the stem on it to fit an oxygen cylinder as it would be good for those duties. However couldn't get that loose, I think it had been done up by a big panda in the production facility.
It is marked left hand thread though, I'm not sure if the gauges are the same, might be worth a try or just see if it has recalibrated with a different start point, if ten is 0 and 20 is 10 etc.

Yeah I'm currently using it as you describe, with 10psi as my "new zero". Not sure how much I trust it though. Tried threads in both directions, but that gauge ain't for budging. I'll likely hang onto it as a spare.

Must have been put together by the same panda as mine. If you have a separate pressure gauge you could fit that onto a duotight or john guest T and put it in the line coming out of the regulator. That will tell you the pressure you are delivering and no need to bin the reg then.
Don't know why I didn't think of it before, I've done this in my keg fridge so that I can read the pressure on the lines to the beer kegs, the duotight inline regulator is at the back of the fridge and it's got a tiny dial on and difficult to read. Works well in this situation I just use a 0-15 psi gauge as it's working in the range of my beer psi.
IMG-20210306-WA0002.jpeg

Back