Brewzilla G4 wrong hotspot password. Or who needs a malt pipe anyway.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peterpiper

Reaction score
Since acquiring my own AIO, rather than borrowing, I've managed a fair number of mistakes, from puddle on floor, due to tap left open when filling, to finding a 1kg bag of grain got missed out.
In this brew, a blackcurrant sour, it was the malt pipe that was missing. Not being spotted, still on bench, till after last bit of grain was gently stirred in.

My only excuse, I was rushing for deadline of brewday visitors arriving, after forgetting the BZ would need wi-fi reconfig (having recently changed ISP).

Followed BZ prompts to connect to wi-fi, but kept getting "wrong password" when trying to connect phone or tablet to BZ hotspot. It was prompting the same old password "8mtqghqe" (which I also had saved in phone, so knew it want a typo error).
After numerous failed attempts, tried "forget wi-fi". Then was prompted to use password "kegland 1", which connected straight away. It appears this an issue with the May software update, so anyone changing wi-fi before fix issued, might find this problem.

Ended up doing mash without malt pipe; recirc started after 20min; sparge as draining, pumping wort into fermenter buckets; emptied and cleaned BZ ready for boil.
It was a bit more work, but method allows you to do a 'floating sparge', sparge water being gradually added to just keep the grain bed covered. A method used in breweries, to give a faster sparge, by avoiding grain bed compaction. It also shows that grain escaping the malt pipe shouldn't cause BZ blockages.

Latest posts

Back