Brewing Software... again

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamesb

Landlord.
Reaction score
Is anyone interested in a free(1) brewing software suite that will work on windows, linux and s60?(2)

(1) I haven't written it yet
(2) That's middle to higher end nokias, samsungs and the like. NOT THE IPHONE.

I'm writing a set of things for my own use, but if there's enough demand, I'll make it shiny enough for other people to use.

It won't be as functional as Promash (too much unneeded stuff), but more functional than QBrew. Can't remember what Beersmith is like now off the top of my head.

If so, what would you like to see on it?

I specifically want it to work on s60 because there's many times I want to work something out on the fly, but either am not near the computer, got no internet signal or just plain can't be bothered to go on.

Free? Why wouldn't I be?

Seriously though, I'd like more linux options as qbrew isn't ideal. I am totally skint so free is good. I don't have an s60 phone though.

Apparently Graham Wheeler's Beer Engine was written in linux but I have to run it in wine as it is compiled out to an exe. I tend to cross reference that and qbrew.

If you want an inexperienced brewer as a beta tester or an opinion on usability/interaction design give me a shout :)

Yeah I'll have a go. Will it work on windows mobile v6?
I've wanted a laptop for my brewing stuff but not allowed one :cry:
So my beersmith is up 2 flight of stairs and 50 m away from the garage!

muddydisco said:
Yeah I'll have a go. Will it work on windows mobile v6?

I have no idea, I've never played with windows mobile and have no intention of doing so ;)

I'll look into it, but I'm not promising anything.

Moblie Brewing software to work on the Symbian system would be great! would it be for key pad phones or touch screen (S60 5th Edition)? because I have downloaded some apps for my Nokia 5800 and they just don't work on the touch screen format! :?

dandan said:
Moblie Brewing software to work on the Symbian system would be great! would it be for key pad phones or touch screen (S60 5th Edition)? because I have downloaded some apps for my Nokia 5800 and they just don't work on the touch screen format! :?

I've never played with a touchscreen one, I've only got an N80, but I'll bear that in mind.

Latest posts

Back