• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to The Homebrew Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Brand New Herms pot build and sestos PID and relay/heatsink

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

msilcocks

Reaction score
I decided to change my plans on my brewing setup and stay simple, so I'm selling my herms pot system i made a few months ago and have never used.

The whole setup is complete all you have to do is wire the Sestos controller and away you go.

The build is a 6 litre thermo pot with a 2.75Kw element fitted in the base, with a 3m coil of 3/8 tubing, with connections leaving at 1/2' for normal fitting setup. The temp probe fitted is a pt100 probe and computable with the Sestos controller the comes with a relay and heatsink.

Im looking for £130, to try and cover the cost of the parts

image by cf51f5106c42391bbbf7ad523c4284e9, on Flickr

Nice :)

What purpose does the heat sink serve ? And the solid state thing?

The relay has to be used as the ampage on the PID isn't high enough for the demand of the element and the heatsink is attached to the relay to help with heat control.

I'd be tempted, but don't need the SSR or Sestos; would you sell without these?

What would postage costs be?
Stormy

Would love to add this to my brewery but just don't have the money right now :) Looks like a lovely bit of kit!

Latest posts

Back