Bottles

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

junior

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me where I could order bottles even the plastic ones?
tia

Order :thumb:
Bottles :thumb:

Order bottles :wha:

I can't seem to get those words to fit together :hmm:

Order them, like arrange them in ranks or files?

You can't give bottles an order, they are inanimate objects.
“Wash yourselves out immediately!” - Doesn't seem to work unfortunately.
“Stand there and don't move!” - That would usually work.

To put it another way, unless you were wealthy or an idiot I don't see why anyone would buy empty bottles, they are a free resource.

Reduce, re-use, recycle :thumb:

take a recycling box to your closest pub/ social club and ask them to put all the 500ml bottles in your box, they are non returnable and most of the time they wont mind as long as you pick them up prompt every time the box is full

I've only ever been refused by one pub and that was by some underling who was worried about the Health & Safety implications if I cut myself while rummaging through their bottle bin. The manager wasn't there to ask.

I would have to disagree with bomberns127 though, forget the short-measure ’Euro pints’ and look for Magner's or Bulmer's bottles, proper pints and the labels soak off easily.

Didn't think, will do what you suggest chaps. :cheers:

Was just thinking what with me just starting out wouldn't it be safer to use PET bottles til I get a few brews under my belt.

or go and stand near a bottle bank that is in a Supermarket carpark, and ask for the brown beer bottles you will soon be given more than you need

I save up my old bottles from tesco which have there fizzy flavoured spring water in they something like 3 bottle for £1.10 at the moment. As long as the bottles you use have had some kind of fizzy drink in before there be ok for your homebrew.

Regards

bungouk

bungouk said:
I save up my old bottles from tesco which have there fizzy flavoured spring water in they something like 3 bottle for £1.10 at the moment. As long as the bottles you use have had some kind of fizzy drink in before there be ok for your homebrew.
Yeah, that's what I do the wife likes the peach and raspberry so she drinks the water leaving me a 1ltr bottle to reuse. I must admit though even though they are washed out thoroughly and then sterilised they can leave the beer with an after taste of raspberry, not entirely unpleasant but would prefer it not to be there.

ive found that all you need to do is ask ,,i know a few barmaids which keep the pint bottles for me ,,been asking for a week got over 60 so far :cheers:

Cheers for the ideas, will ask the pub where I get co2 for my welder, would be able to use that aswell for my brew wouldnt I? :cheers:

Latest posts

Back