Boosting a Simply Bitter kit with Medium spraymalt

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm 6 days into the fermentations at 19C now and think they will be ready to bottle in a couple of days.
The first 7 seconds of the video show the Simply + sugar, and the second sequence shows the Simply + 1kg of DME.
The second one looks nicer, but is that me?

Have you tasted?
Both brews are finished now. The Simply Bitter kit plus 1 kg Light Spray Malt is wonderful!
I made a mistake in my earlier post about the second experiment, which was actually Simply Bitter kit plus a 1.5 kg can of Coopers Light Malt Extract, half price because it was short-dated. All my brews go into 1 litre Pellegrino bottles that enable me to view the clarity and test the pressure by squeezing and are given a level 5ml spoon of table sugar for the secondary fermentation. This has turned out very lively to uncap and becomes very cloudy if not decanted into another botle immediately. The mouthfeel is good but there is a lingering chocolatey aftertaste that I wouldn't really want from beer :-)
I've been to the local homebrew supplier today and I'm about to start a new experiment - a Simply Bitter kit plus 500g Young's Spraymalt Light plus 500g Young's Brewing and Winemaking Sugar.
I'm planning to add maybe 50g of dried hops in a gauze bag after a few days, as someone suggested.

Results to follow in due course.

Back