Bikers!!!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TRXnMe said:
Riding to the Spring Thing...:

Myself and the other half are more than likely going to ride up (if it doesn't belt down that is). It'll be her first 'real' time on the bike and as we're going to do some touring next year it would be good if she could get used to a few hours in the saddle at a time.

Oh, Dieseljockey, and I'd love a go of a Pan ;) :rofl:

James

james1988 said:
TRXnMe said:
Riding to the Spring Thing...:

Myself and the other half are more than likely going to ride up (if it doesn't belt down that is). It'll be her first 'real' time on the bike and as we're going to do some touring next year it would be good if she could get used to a few hours in the saddle at a time.

Oh, Dieseljockey, and I'd love a go of a Pan ;) :rofl:

James

Weather will be a key factor in my using the bike, if I go.

My wife has a full bike license, but no bike at the mo, before she did the uni thing we used to tour Europe together, those were good days :)

She's my 3rd Pan so far...I'd love a 1300 but can't justify the cost. We went down to the Med 2 years back she never missed a beat. I use to ride with a group of friends who all had rocket ships, the pan will scratch when you ask her too. I've organized a week "men only" run over to Belgium & Germany a few years back, great biking roads and I could give the young pups a run for there money, great times.

These are my recent steeds, being a former MC Instructor and generally an old fart when it comes to touring comfort i always have tourers.

8212849091_56f57aff5b_c.jpg

2003 Touring France and Italia on my trusty Pan.

8213936086_a2ae230988_c.jpg

2005 ST1300 with some lively colours, unfortunately some gits stole it and it was never seen again.

8213936276_af62252c7f_c.jpg

2012 Heading for the BMW meet on my Ex Met Police R1100RTP (Commuter) got fed up with the rain so diverted to the South of France - was only 1 week, next year is the Big 40 so im planning something special might be route 66 on a Harley or Southern Road in Oz on a R1200RT.

Looking at getting a R1200RT

caerleon said:
being a former MC Instructor and generally an old fart when it comes to touring comfort i always have tourers.

8213936086_a2ae230988_c.jpg

2005 ST1300 with some lively colours, unfortunately some gits stole it and it was never seen again.

Same here with the MC Instructor at the weekends....love the 1300, hope the turd who took it payed for it somehow. :twisted:

Some nice big bikes there guys :) Tempted to ride to the spring thing myself, but not sure if I can stay yet. May have to taxi it, can't imaging going there and not drinking, that would be torture!

mak said:
Some nice big bikes there guys :) Tempted to ride to the spring thing myself, but not sure if I can stay yet. May have to taxi it, can't imaging going there and not drinking, that would be torture!

Arrive Friday, ENJOY!, Sat start a little later, finish a little earlier, don't rush off early on Sunday - sorted! :mrgreen:

I'm contemplating heading to the spring thing on my bike, just waiting to see if A/ I can get time away from family, and B/ if any of my biking mates up here are up for the trip

Would need to stay off the motorways - we all have big bikes, and motorways would be just begging to get us instantly banned!! :twisted:

It has a yoshi can on it now so i should really get a photo an update it.

That pic is a couple of weeks old.

Here's my two...

This one I use all year round - a little 1981 CM200T. A great little bike that can hold 65mph and gives about 85mpg. I can also do pretty much all the work on it myself, which is nice.

556850_10151185496715662_1287790976_n.jpg

This one (2001 GS500K1) has been asleep for a year, as I just don't seem to have gelled with it so have SORNed it. Maybe I'll look into having the carbs balanced/tuned and generally serviced in the spring.

207442_10150126703230662_8116045_n.jpg

fbsf said:
Here's my two...

This one I use all year round - a little 1981 CM200T. A great little bike that can hold 65mph and gives about 85mpg. I can also do pretty much all the work on it myself, which is nice.

556850_10151185496715662_1287790976_n.jpg

This one (2001 GS500K1) has been asleep for a year, as I just don't seem to have gelled with it so have SORNed it. Maybe I'll look into having the carbs balanced/tuned and generally serviced in the spring.

207442_10150126703230662_8116045_n.jpg

Any reason you've not got on with the GS? A mate of mine uses them for his training school and they are rather good bikes with some minor tweaks :)

I dunno. I like twins for the torque and delivery (never really got on with 4s), but this one seems to have something a little amiss somewhere - like one cylinder maybe isn't pulling it's weight at all times.

It certainly doesn't feel like it's putting all it's 47 horses to use - more like about 25-30 from experience. It might be the valves have closed up, or it might need the carbs stripping, cleaning and re-balancing. I did mean to do it in April this year, but had to go away for the whole of May for work, so by the time I got back in June (and with the **** summer we've had) there didn't seem any point in taxing it for 3 months.

Either way, it's buried at the back of the garage over the winter, because GS500s and road salt make for a rusty mess so I'll have a look at it in March-ish when it's worth paying the 6 month road tax!

If your mate has any pearls of wisdom (those minor tweaks you mention) then feel more than free to fire them this way though!!

The rear shock is 'poor' and can be swapped for a GSX600 rear shock (I forget which model specifically, I'll do somme research), the front forks need a little heavier oil in them to prevent too much in the way of fork dive, he did mention something about the carbs too....

I'll try and dig out a link to a thread he posted on a bike forum, lots of useful tips on how to get the best from them :)

Give me a shout when you want to collect the plastic pots, I've got two in the shed, it was three, but I made a new HLT over the weekend so that took one of them :) I can get more if needed, we've got 20 odd at work and empty a couple a week.

Back