Bikers!!!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teenage Kicks

Reaction score
ok now i can post pics - heres mine on a trip to france for a week - lets see what you have

imag0128wb.jpg

imag0129in.jpg

and a stock image

68576003.png

Very nice -

I am trying to persuade SWMBO i need something a bit quicker for my daily comute and something a bit more comfy for touring she isn't into the idea of 2 bikes yet but i think she is warming to the idea

This is my latest. It's an 07 XL1000VA. It's a world apart from my Firestorm, very comfy, pulls like a train even when fully loaded, it handles well for something so big and is incredibly good on juice.

Myself and the Doris are looking to do a tour of the UK or head to Europe next year for a fortnight so it should be a good choice of bike to do it on.
yjyzy5ug.jpg

Nice bikes, and the Street Triple is great. I've ridden one a couple of times and its really comfy.

I'd upload an image of my bike but I'm a newbie so can't work out how :(. I've got a black Bandit 1200 which has been modified slightly; its lovely, pulls like a train and rumbles deeply :). The bad thing about living in Finland is that its only on the road April til November ...

Update: Here are a couple of links, plus the real power source of the bike!

TheBanditwith20mmJack-upfairingremovedand.jpg

BikeFuelSource.jpg

You could use a website like tinypic.com and copy and paste the URL on here or similarly you could use Photobucket and copy the img tags from there.

If you have an iPhone - or some other phone that Tapatalk is installed on - you can upload the photo directly from your phone.

James

PS: Here she is fully loaded with panniers. My god there's some room in them! 8O

A8FF6E2B-C9D1-406D-A865-F766C95B8370-2250-000002479C076914_zpsf3b3ac03.jpg

Can everybody see my reg plate? When posting the link in the browser, it's blurred out. When I post it in the thread, it's the unedited version. I've tried clearing the cache etc but to no avail!

" fully loaded with panniers. My god there's some room in them!"

How many polypins can you get in those then? :cheers:

bob

theres some nice wheels about - im still not sure about hard luggage though, think i need a few more years on me to appreciate it

and your plate is blurred over here :thumb:

Mine came with the bike (bought privately) so it would be rude not to use them :lol:. They are well worth it, especially if you do a fair bit of mile munching. Oh aye, I'm 23 lol. I'm already sick of sports bikes. To be honest I don't think I'd go back after having a great big armchair with wheels.

I'm completely sold on comfort over speed, that said, Honda reckon they're good for 125mph fully loaded; which is staggering considering they'll take 250kg not including the pillion or 'driver'!

James

james1988 said:
You could use a website like tinypic.com and copy and paste the URL on here or similarly you could use Photobucket and copy the img tags from there.

If you have an iPhone - or some other phone that Tapatalk is installed on - you can upload the photo directly from your phone.

James

PS: Here she is fully loaded with panniers. My god there's some room in them! 8O

Can everybody see my reg plate? When posting the link in the browser, it's blurred out. When I post it in the thread, it's the unedited version. I've tried clearing the cache etc but to no avail!

Thanks for the advice, I used photobucket and updated my link.

I can also see you number plate in all its huge yellow glory

lol im 31 (just) but cant see myself with hard luggage, mines a sports tourer mostly bought due the reviews - they all said a good comuter that will afford you some fun at the weekends, so i thought why not

jus don't think it would be right with hard luggage attached

im going to take my son to france this year (12) so going to have to rethink how the luggage is attatched

i'm going to build a rack for the back, ill post my build when i make it but even with that i think it will be a couple of days sitting in pants in the laundrette

Yeti said:

It's blurred now, thanks. It's probably cached the original version your end. :)

James

This is my current steed, it's in pieces at the moment, but should be on the road for spring next year, if I can find a decent tent I might even ride it to the spring thing...

Guildford-20110730-00021.jpg

Not quite on par with the FZS 1,000 I had for 5 years, but it's yellow and a V twin, so it's pretty damned good :D

Teenage Kicks said:
lol im 31 (just) but cant see myself with hard luggage, mines a sports tourer mostly bought due the reviews - they all said a good comuter that will afford you some fun at the weekends, so i thought why not. jus don't think it would be right with hard luggage attached. im going to take my son to france this year (12) so going to have to rethink how the luggage is attatched. i'm going to build a rack for the back, ill post my build when i make it but even with that i think it will be a couple of days sitting in pants in the laundrette

Perhaps a trailer?

Teenage Kicks said:
lol im 31 (just) but cant see myself with hard luggage, mines a sports tourer mostly bought due the reviews - they all said a good comuter that will afford you some fun at the weekends, so i thought why not

jus don't think it would be right with hard luggage attached

im going to take my son to france this year (12) so going to have to rethink how the luggage is attatched

i'm going to build a rack for the back, ill post my build when i make it but even with that i think it will be a couple of days sitting in pants in the laundrette

I agree, I don't want to use hard luggage on my bike as it doesn't look right in my eyes even if it is very functional. Why not use soft luggage, like some panniers and a tank bag? I use it when I have toured, went across europe with them and they were great, looked suitable and did the job. The panniers had 45L and the tank bad 35L.

james1988 said:
Yeti said:

It's blurred now, thanks. It's probably cached the original version your end. :)

James

What bike is yours, I couldn't see from the picture? Is it a Honda Varadero?

For the next couple of months I will have to live by brewing and looking at other people's bikes. Winter is fast approaching so the bike is in storage now .... :sulk:

Dieseljockey said:
As an old fart I'll stick with my old girl...

i was waiting for a pan or a goldwing to turn up, i love the look of them, i will allmost certainly grow old on one of them

Yeti said:
I agree, I don't want to use hard luggage on my bike as it doesn't look right in my eyes even if it is very functional. Why not use soft luggage, like some panniers and a tank bag? I use it when I have toured, went across europe with them and they were great, looked suitable and did the job. The panniers had 45L and the tank bad 35L.

as you can see from the first pic i have loads of soft luggage - i was just going to build a rack for the rear so i can push the tail pack backwards to free up the seat, im not paying £80+ for a rear rack when i can knock one up myself for aroud £20

Yeti said:
What bike is yours, I couldn't see from the picture? Is it a Honda Varadero?

It is indeed. Mine is back in Wales at the moment as I've just moved in to my new gaff in Portsmouth, so I too, am sulking.

James

Dieseljockey said:
As an old fart I'll stick with my old girl...

ST1100.png

Yeah, dog slow those ;)

They only just manage to keep up with, and then pass, a FZS 1,000 on 'interesting' B roads :D

It was a bike safe weekend, the nice man on the Pan said I should 'push my envelope' so he could see where the weaknesses were, 120 with a marked up Pan on yer **** can be fun sometimes :eek: :grin:

Back