Best quality threaded disconnects?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Omega

Reaction score
I have one light grey (as I understand, it is for gas) and several black disconnects that I use to transfer beer from fermenter to kegs and from kegs to serve. Couple of black disconnects are leaking, I do't know why. I guess I should simply replace them as they seem not to expensive, but would like to buy some good quality that won't leak. Is there a difference in quality between disconnects? I might have bought them from two different suppliers and all black disconnects seem to look the same, so I cannot differentiate by looking at them
I regularly connect and disconnect kegs and serving gun in case disconnect start leaking
And can I use grey disconnect to transfer beer? Will it last?
Thank you

I think a lot of the problems with leaking disconnects are from either o-rings on posts needing some maintenance/replacement or the disconnect itself needing lubrication. I notice one of mine (gas) is getting a bit sticky, so a squirt of silicon oil in there probably needed.

I find the duotight ones to be very good, if none of the above apply to you. Very positive and easy to install/remove. They're not threaded though. Just push on.

As I understand, I need food grade lubricating spray. I see the Malt Miller have them, guess will order from them along with disconnect

Latest posts

Back