Beer line detergent

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sean_Mc

Regular.
Reaction score
Could anyone recommend an off the supermarket shelf detergent?

I bought a couple of cheap garden pressure sprayers and have attached 3/8th line to them, one for a cleaning solution and the other for rinsing. Think these could work well used with a regular cleaning routine :hmm:

Why not just buy proper beer line cleaner from some were like Egay?? just remember not to leave it in too long or mix the solution too strong, you can pick 5ltrs up for around £10 and that will last you for ages!!

Seen loads on ebay around £10, just thought its only detergent and surely there's a supermarket solution that could be used instead :wha:
But if it lasts a good while, might be worth getting a proper one

:thumb:

Sean

The ratio is about 1part BLC to 100 water dependent on brand, 15 mins soakin in that stuff an itll shift pretty much owt!! and its designed to be easy rinse!! nothing you can get in the supermarkets can get anywere near the strenth of it!! :thumb: lol

Agreed, get the proper stuff off ebay, use goves when handling it, dont get it on your skin and rinse very well :thumb:

You can't go wrong with that stuff sean :thumb:
My folks retired from their pub last year, and I got Dad to order me 2 big bottles just before they left.
This stuff is evil though.....wise words from Wez and they are right, nothing you could get in the shops could match it.

Latest posts

Back