beer hand pull and cornies

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robsan77

Landlord.
Reaction score
Just wanted to check that it is ok to use a beer hand pull on a cornie. Am I right in thinking that I would just need to purge the oxygen with co2 on top of the beer after use and during use allow it to breath?

I havn't got a cornie yet but should be getting 1 next week but i am already thinking about my future bar setup.

You will need either a check valve or a cask breather.

I use a check valve which goes in line between the cornie and the engine. This allows you to put CO2 pressure on the cornie without the beer being allowed through unless you pull the engine. It also stops the beer running back from the beer engine tubing into the keg. It works really nicely.

A cask breather will replace a blanket of CO2 when beer is drawn out, I believe it goes in line between your gas and your keg.

if you do that it won't last more than a few days just like cask once the air is in the beer will turn. But if you are gonna drink it is say a weekend then go for it.

Latest posts

Back