Are cornies any good?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

degsie73

Reaction score
Am getting rather fed up with my KK top tap no matter what I try, gas seems to be leaking from around the top valve. Rather than carry on drinking flat beer and costing me a small fortune in gas just to get any beer out - i'm deliberating on getting a cornie.
Have read alot about them on here and other forums - but to be honest haven't got a clue about how they work. Was wondering what advice
anyone might have as regards the advantages of these over other systems (am currently bottling my beers as don't want to risk losing anymore beer to that pesky KK!)
As I understand it these cornies are all secondhand and it would appear have different methods of connection to various gas systems - bit confusing to a newbie like me to be honest - any advice would be appreciated.
Degsie

they are great. email norm (in the forum links page) and he will set you up with everything you need. :thumb:

do it, a lot less hassle, my dads kegs are always leaking but mine have no gas escaping hahahahaha that could be taken two ways. Don't worry about all the stuff you read regarding force carbonating it is really really easy, no need to mess around with all the rocking the keg, just a case of getting the temp of where your keg is, setting the pressure accordingly and leaving it a few days. I know a couple of websites that show the temp to pressure charts for the correct amount of carbonation

Hi Degsie,

Have a look here for info on cornii.
You won't regret getting them, they're great. They can even be used with a beer engine if you prefer to naturally condition your ales.

As always, keep the questions coming :thumb:
And it may be worth asking if there's a forum member near you who can show you 'the ropes' regards using them ;)

Corny kegs are great, once you get the kegs sorted build one of these.
17052009338.jpg

Dieseljockey said:
Cheers on that link for cornies Vossy1 :thumb:

That's going to be a invaluable read over the next couple of days.. :clap:

Its a cracking guide and THIS is too for cleaning them

Cornies are a complete waste of time . . . . . I am a registered corny disposal officer, if you send me your cornelii I will dispose of them in a sound environmental way :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Aleman said:
Cornies are a complete waste of time . . . . . I am a registered corny disposal officer, if you send me your cornelii I will dispose of them in a sound environmental way :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:
LoL :thumb:
I need to environmentally friendly dispose of 7 :rofl:

Well looks like the evidence is overwhelming!!!! Get out and buy me thinks (or two).
Just one last question - i'm down in west sussex (Horsham way) anybody no any suppliers round this
way??
Oh and cheers for all the advice lads (never had so many responses for a post before)!!

degsie73 said:
Get out and buy me thinks (or two).
Trouble is, you're starting down a slippy slope, it's cruel to keep one in isolation but once you have a breeding pair.....

Go for it though, you won't regret it :thumb:

Norm's your man, see the “Links” button at the very top left, then the second listing.

If you get them off Norm, he adds the disconnects and some gas and beer line for free. Just received another two this morning off him, I ordered them on Saturday.
He's a top bloke though his caps lock is stuck :lol:

Email him at [email protected]

Moley said:
degsie73 said:
Get out and buy me thinks (or two).
Trouble is, you're starting down a slippy slope, it's cruel to keep one in isolation but once you have a breeding pair.....

Go for it though, you won't regret it :thumb:

Norm's your man, see the “Links” button at the very top left, then the second listing.

Cheers Moley,
Just emailed him now - with a little luck I might be set up in time for me Coopers APA i'm starting today!!
Invaluable advice as ever! :thumb: :thumb:
Degsie

that is what you call a kegerator

its a fridge with a temp control and holes drilled in it to take the beer lines out to your taps so you don't have the door open to dispence beer :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back