apple press

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

artyb

Landlord.
Reaction score
im constructing a press with a scissor or bottle jack,

ive made the frame and collecting tray..... :party:

just gotta source a jack.....not many scissor jacks about these days.... :?

could i press plums as well and add the juice to my apple juice, or make a seperate brew from the plums...?

im looking to make a still scrumpy style cider any one got a good recipie.......im looking forward to this,if anyone in northants has apples they want to press or donate.... if it all works feel free to contact me... ;)

will take some pics if i can find where ive ''hid'' my compact camera.... :rofl:

I fancied making a press but not going to manage it this year. Have a look at this
clicky.
They suggest using a bottle jack like this clicky.

Hope this of help

:cheers:

artyb said:
could i press plums as well and add the juice to my apple juice, or make a seperate brew from the plums...?

:

You could definately make a separate brew from the plums, or use the juice from that to enhance and change your cider flavour if you used it as a percentage of your juice in the cider brew... If you've got a plentiful harvest of plums available, I'd give both a try!

we have made the press, :party:

and have a lot of apples to press next weekend.... :thumb:

anyone have a good recipe for a still scrumpy.... :pray:

we hope to have around 4 gallons of apple juice,

Can't remember if it was Machine mart or Clarks that had apple presses for under £100 I saw the other day....google aint helping, but if your after one keep an eye out in the daily tabloids.

Granda my family used to have orchards quite near you in Julianstown, think their still there but not being commerciallly used, might be an opportunity for scrumping :D

Sean_Mc said:
Can't remember if it was Machine mart or Clarks that had apple presses for under £100 I saw the other day....google aint helping, but if your after one keep an eye out in the daily tabloids.

Granda my family used to have orchards quite near you in Julianstown, think their still there but not being commerciallly used, might be an opportunity for scrumping :D

was it this?

http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/produ ... ruit-press

Latest posts

Back