apple + mango cider?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gambler

Reaction score
Thoughts on this?

Morison's savers apple juice and Morison's apple + mango juice?

Apple and mango juice is; Apple Juice from Concentrate (90%), Mango Purée (10%)

10.8g sugar per 100ml

Id rather the mango not be detectable. Just to help the flavour like the 500ml per gallon would.

Its hard to guess what 10% puree is really....

What proportion AJ to AJ/Mango do you guys think would work well? and perhaps more importantly, do you think mango is even a good choice for a 2nd juice?

EDIT - cost difference is 65p/l vs 83.33p/l. So not exactly going to break the bank to splash out a few extra 18p(s) on some more mango lol

hmmm u recon?

That will give me around 500ml/ puree per gallon which I though sounded like quite a lot considering the rule of thumb is 500ml juice per gallon. But as I said, who knows what mango puree actually is lol. I guess it cant be that concentrated, as it hasnt bumped up the sugar content much...

I might go all apple and mango like you said, or maybe half and half...

The mango will give you lots of pulp, you'll want to rack it about 2/3 of the way through and top up with more AJ.

I might just drop the mango idea tbh.

I was wanting to do a fairly basic TC. Because my last (first) attempt was nice and all, but damn strong, so I just wanna play it safe for this one. I was tempted by the apple and mango, as its pretty much the only "other juice" I could find thats 100% juice (or fruit anyway)

So, money no object(ish), what juice should I use for the other juice? All the cranberry, blueberry, cherry etc ones that I see are juice drinks... Shall I just grab a cranberry juice drink and use at 500ml per gallon?

The Cranberry that's my default OtherJuice for TC is actually a "juice drink", but doesn't have sorbates or sulphites so is fine.
I never worry about "N% juice" or "from concentrate" because they're all formulated to give a drinkable amount of flavour and about 100g sugar per litre - they'd never be able to sell them as people wouldn't drink them otherwise!

Latest posts

Back